8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for tornado victim  (Read 12444 times)

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: prayers for tornado victim
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 06:26:01 PM »
Many prayers for Lyndia.......I am so sorry for your loss...........I have known you from back in the early "80's..........Hated that you lost your home and horses........If there is anything I can do for you, just holler..........May God give you the strength to heal and have faith.......Keep your chin up and be happy......I am glad you made it OK, God was with you honey........Laura

Offline tag

• Elite Member
  • Kaitie's First Win!!!
    • Rocking Star Creations
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »
Thanks to all who have prayed and been out to help.  Laura, Lyndal remembers you and your mother.  I read her all the posts from here & BHW last night, and it was quite comforting to her to know all of you were thinking of her.  We have gotten most of the things out of her house.  We have a few more appliances to get, and just keep looking for things we can salvage. Jackie, you are an angel for coming over and burying that mare. It was devastating for her to lose her, and extremely difficult to know she was just laying in the trees. In looking at the mess that's left of the house and what the tornado left in the pasture, it's overwhelming, and we don't even know where to start. Tamet, you have been a huge help; I really don't know how we'd have managed without you. I will check in when I can.

Thanks,
Shawn

Offline JC

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 10:06:05 AM »
My prayers go out to you Lynda and all involved !!
" To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world"

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »
DeeDee wanted me to post this for her:

On behalf of Lyndal Wilkerson, I would like to thank the following people who came to help Sat and Sunday at her house and in other ways.  When things happen to one of our barrel racing family, it is so important that we ban together to help one another.
Thanks to Mary Etta, Tamet, and Nelda Patton for their help in making important calls and helping to spread the word that help was needed.  Thanks to my hard working crew that spent an entire day working hard and extremely dirty, physical work of the actual moving of furniture and salvage of what we could rescue.  Angie Valla, Bernice Ruberg, and Tessa Ruberg, who worked hard along side of the adults all day. Tessa didn't stop to play or lose focas on the project, she dug in the remains of the house all day with the rest of us to try to salvage even the small things that mean so much to someone that has lost so much.  To Jackie Davenport, who dropped everything to come over and bring his heavy equiptment to bury "Pago", Lyndal's mare.  Special thanks to Tamet who came over and helped get things rolling on relief through various channels and donations. Thanks to the Diamond W arena for allowing anouncements about the need for donations and taking up the donations at their barrel race on Monday.  Lyndal's friend Steve for providing her a place to stay and working so hard to help. Her nieces, Shawn and Shannon for all they are doing.

If you have never seen the aftermath of a tornado in person you can not believe the damage.

We will continue to clean up boards and debris, if you can help please call me at 817 2190930.  And, remember your donations are so appreciated    Dee Dee Smith
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
Update:  We should have the online donations set up today.  I am waiting to hear back from Shawn and Lyndal.  As soon as I hear from them you will be able to go online and make donations to her.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
Well, isn't this the way satan works? He's a thief! Gods word says that no weapon formed against us can prosper and what satan steals will be returned 100 fold! I come in agreement with the word. I pray that everything lost in this tornado will be replaced-better and in full! Thank you Lord for your protection and hearing our prayers today for this lovely lady. Give her the faith to look forward. You know her needs, thank you that always send the right folks in our path at just the right time! amen

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »
Okay, here is the link to make donations http://www.ebarrelracing.com/lyndalwilkerson.html  please help her as much as you can.

Offline tag

• Elite Member
  • Kaitie's First Win!!!
    • Rocking Star Creations
Re: Prayers for tornado victim
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
For those of you in the area, she has tons of horse racing chart books she has set out to dry, but she's not taking them with her. If anyone is interested, you can give me a call (leave a message) or email me.  The county is bulldozing her house in the next day or so. I think we have salvaged all from the house possible. She's saving as many Quarter Horse Journals as possible (from the 60s on up).

For those of you wondering, the walls still standing happened to be where her appliances were, so they are probably still good. Most of her furniture is still good as the roof blew away and walls fell outward. Her furniture and electronics got wet, but hopefully it is okay. Her clothes blew into the yard (& maybe a few are miles away...who knows??), but good samaritans washed all that they found & she has clothes and linens, etc. Her china, dishes, etc are all okay too.  Somehow the china cabinet was undamaged, with the roof above it gone & a HUGE hole in the wall above it.

Many thanks to all that have helped her.  Dee Dee Smith, you have been an angel.  You have washed clothes, organized help, repaired pictures, gotten countless donations from people, and much more.  There are so many people to thank, but I think I've overlooked Dee Dee too many times. She has even spent hours with a blow dryer salvaging books.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:57:32 PM by tag »

Offline tag

• Elite Member
  • Kaitie's First Win!!!
    • Rocking Star Creations
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 10:32:11 AM »
Here is the link to a story done on Channel 11 news Tuesday.

http://cbs11tv.com/video/[email protected]

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 08:31:58 AM »
Interesting that our Fed gov helped those in New Orleans yet they seem to be leaning in the direction of NOT Helping folks involved in this one.   Tag keep us updated. 

Offline tag

• Elite Member
  • Kaitie's First Win!!!
    • Rocking Star Creations
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »
Hello all! I wanted to update you on Lyndal. She has moved to Parkside Equestrian in Alvarado. Many of you may remember it as Larry Stevens' old place on FM 3136. The lady that now owns it is a friend of mine, Carolyn Thow. She is having an apartment remodeled to better suit Lyndal. Lyndal plans to help get the boarding/training facility off the ground this year. Carolyn is letting Lyndal work her board off, so refer anyone needing a place to board or a trainer to this place. Lyndal needs some horses to feed to work off her bill!  Lyndal has enjoyed her stay there so far, and she hopes to make it a successful facility. It has everything a girl wants ... lighted arena, covered & lighted round pen, wash racks, hot walker!!!

Also, some of you may be looking for a way to help her. The county dozed her house, but the pasture still is a mess. Some volunteers from a local church planned to go out this past weekend to chop downed trees. When the weather warms up we may look for volunteers to go clean up the pasture for her. Now that Lyndal has moved, she plans to publicly stand her stud to a limited number of mares. If you are looking to breed this year, you might want to check him out. He has the best disposition of any stud I've ever seen. He behaves just like a gelding 99% of the time.  http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ima+sonny+go+jack  You can give Lyndal a call at 817-517-1647.

Oh, and one more thing! Lyndal adopted a female dog a few weeks before the tornado, and **POOF** she had babies! I think she's Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix. She's very sweet. There were 5 pups, but 1 is already spoken for. If anyone wants a pup, give her a call too!