8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I WANT A FREE DVD! PLEASE KEEP ME ALIVE! KEEP IT GOING! If I win...Party!  (Read 22290 times)

Offline blackpercheron

• I love my Border Collie who is my best friend!
Goggle Ribose forThoroughbreds. It is used for performance horses. I use D-Ribose for Fibromyalgia. I thought once I'd see if it was being used in the horse industry. A lot of stuff like Glucosamine & MSM was orginially used in the racing industry. I think it was the Weider group who did the research on the Glucosamine for use on human beings. I've seen SAM-e in the horse supplements. I take SAM-e for Fibro, and my joints. Can't remember the brand name of the stuff I saw for horses. But then there are herbs that I reckon you could add to a horse's feed for their joints too. I wouldn't have any tolerance for exercise, were it not for me taking Ribose.

Nope....never heard of it for horses! I am going to try the 4-1 MVP stuff that I talked about in another post. Does it help?
"Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to being with then." Xenophon

Offline blackpercheron

I like that book by Sally Swift called Centered Riding, it was a huge help in getting a more centered, balanced position in the saddle. I remember my first year starting back to riding after an absense. I rode this Appendix with this punishing Wintec for a year. He had the deadest sides of any horse I'd ever seen, or been on. I didn't ride him my second year very much, plus I had moved to an Eventing saddle which was much more comfortable. Well, one weekend, I couldn't get my usual horse, so I rode the Appendix. On the way back to the barn, he got spooked by some kind of contraption on the road. He bucked me, the big idiot. But I Stuck! I was very relaxed and balanced in that saddle I had on him. Swift was right in her book, how you can weather most anything if your seat is correct.

I think I'm learning a lot of stuff on this forum.

ONE I CAN KEEP MY BIG BUTT IN THE SADDLE !!!!!!!!at my age that works real nice

It's always been my goal to STICK to that saddle! I've been lucky so far.
I agree! Sit deep and stay loose in the buttocks! Go with the flow! Wow, you are doing some reading! Great! I hope this is helping you too!
"Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to being with then." Xenophon

Offline blackpercheron

I'll continue for a while. Maybe tomorrow you can help me reach 50??? LOL.

Good night! Yall keep posting you night owls! I will respond in the morning! Thanks for all the help! I hope to share the DVD!!! ZZZ (((((((HUGS)))))))) >PEACE<

Offline blackpercheron

Wow, around here they charge between $45 to 50 for a massage. Since you recently graduated, have you massaged horses? My physical therapist who also rides, does massages on horses for other people. I like to sit on the Percheron sport horse I ride, and give him a shoulder/ neck massage. He has trouble with his neck from the EPM he caught in 2003. Ever since that time, he has had trouble with his neck. So when I'm on him and waiting for an event. He will ask me to massage him. So I do. I like keeping him happy.

$25 Is way cheap for a massage therapist. Heck, I charged that when I first got out of massage school before I went for my state test. I'm a bit more expensive these days but hope that I'm worth it. More years of experience and all that. LOL

I'm not much of a beer drinker. I was an expensive bar date back in the day. LOL But I do like a Dos XX now and then. Reminds me of sitting at the beach watching the sunsets. ;)

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
I'm not all that new anymore. Sheesh, nearly 10 years now. LOL Going rate around here is $55-65 an hr. I only do people and usually smaller blocks of time because I travel now on the weekends... mainly barrel races, some reining and working cowhorse competitions too. Oh yeah, a dressage show and a couple of smaller H/j shows thrown in so I get an english fix now and then. ;) I prefer working on horse folks. Don't do horses. I considered it when I finished school and decided too expensive and there wasn't much call for it where I came from. Now that I've moved to NW Texas, everyone seems to offer massage and chiro for horses. No need for me to do it, cept the money would be better. LOL
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline blackpercheron

I bet you make good money doing that at horse shows. My Dressage trainer paid her way through college doing fancy mane braiding for horse shows. That's not the only thing she did, but the horse show thing was a huge part of the money she made.

I'm not all that new anymore. Sheesh, nearly 10 years now. LOL Going rate around here is $55-65 an hr. I only do people and usually smaller blocks of time because I travel now on the weekends... mainly barrel races, some reining and working cowhorse competitions too. Oh yeah, a dressage show and a couple of smaller H/j shows thrown in so I get an english fix now and then. ;) I prefer working on horse folks. Don't do horses. I considered it when I finished school and decided too expensive and there wasn't much call for it where I came from. Now that I've moved to NW Texas, everyone seems to offer massage and chiro for horses. No need for me to do it, cept the money would be better. LOL

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
OKAY it is monday morning. The Race is over. This thread has 167 post (read the rules any one person posting counts as one post till someone else post) With a total of 21 different people posting
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling