8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I WANT A FREE DVD! PLEASE KEEP ME ALIVE! KEEP IT GOING! If I win...Party!  (Read 22291 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Come on guys!!!! Lets post! Ok, here is a question....how many of yall barrel race on unregistered stock? >PEACE<

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Honey, you really are blonde, aren't you?

That's not really an excellent question to be prompting a whole lot of replies to your thread on here since everyone is so bloodline consious.  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
That was kinda my point! I guess I should have said...What kind of Bloodlines do yall prefer? And do you prefer AQHA or APHA?
Is that better?

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Having a moment are we.

My dream horse would be a bay and white paint gelding.

So far I have a cremello, bay, chestnut and sorrel with another sorrel coming this weekend.  Found the paint after we committed to the sorrel...so I guess I will have to wait.  Go look at my pics on my post.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Hey, go back and read my first post again....I have a serious question! I do like your pics!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
So if I win the DVD, we can all get together, eat food, drink beverages and watch it!!!!! Even if we have to meet up at a barrel race!!! >PEACE< :()&

Ok, well I have to change my questions....hmmmmm.....When it comes to buying and selling horses, how do you feel when a seller says "I have other people coming out first thing in the morning, if you want this horse you need to come and look today" after you have made it clear that you cannot make it over there until the following day? Also, if you have stated that you are coming to buy the horse....not to try it, not to vet check it, just plain coming to buy it. Dont worry, its a broodmare! So, how should I react? :-\\\\\\\\

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Wait until the morning and call her to see if the horse has sold or not. 

A lot of people have been burned by "would be" buyers or "tire kickers". 

I sold a horse in November.  They guy called me and asked a million questions.  Mailed me a money order to hold him until they got over to try him.  Paid the balance on him and hauled him home.  There are very few folks like them though.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Well, she is just got a darn low price on this mare. And, I have to haul a darn long way to pic her up! But, i have to drop my mare and filly off at the stud first and I cant do that until after 1pm!  :-\\\\\\\\ So, I just have to get down there and pick her up....she is near alvin....

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
So, what do yall look for in a barrel horse????? <HI>

Offline cedar hill ranch

• Faith, Hope, Love
I like riding, working with, and competing on horses that just want to please the rider.
I like a horse that keeps his/her head low and cows the barrels. I want it to be a lot of fun.
I don't want to have to do a lot of hand or leg work. I really like a horse to respond to me, not pull or push against me.
Good luck in getting your DVD.

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
OK, I'm here to post for you too (not completely selfless... I want my 50 post).  As far as what to look for in a barrel horse??? I haven't a clue!   We are fairly new and when we went looking for a horse we just wanted sane and healthy.  We had already tried psyco so we knew we didn't want that, and I knew we couldn't afford the vet bill for unhealthy.  So it was all about sane and healthy.  As it turned out, while we were looking for sane and healthy... we found PRETTY.  And, as we all know Pretty trumphs any other quality in the eyes of the teenage girl.  So we bought pretty and God must have been looking out for us because she turned out to be sane and healthy also.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
I want 50 post too lol

As far as running on registered/unregistered stock. I could care less as long as it's sound can run and will turn 3 fast. All of ours are registered, but we don't have the papers for 3 of them, and about to go pick up another like that.

As for what I look for in a barrel horse..Can't say I really look. Most of the time people just tell me they have something for sell, most of the time i'll look..and end up buying. So I don't look to often.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
Apparently I like siblings to my already proven horses. Primarily coincidence though.

I already had a pair of full brothers and just this week I bought the full brother to my other horse (so now I have two separate pairs of brothers).

The brother I have to my old horse has already turned out to be even better so hopefully the same situation happens again (and then watch out!!!).
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Hey Mandi Have you gotten your video yet? If you don't get today it should be there tomorrow
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
I like riding, working with, and competing on horses that just want to please the rider.
I like a horse that keeps his/her head low and cows the barrels. I want it to be a lot of fun.
I don't want to have to do a lot of hand or leg work. I really like a horse to respond to me, not pull or push against me.
Good luck in getting your DVD.
Yeah, I like that too! I have a laid back easy going gelding that I raised from a colt. He is very responsive and light! I like a horse that has a brain, likes me personally, has a personality, doesn't "jig" is easy in the alley and one that I can ride in a halter and lead rope any where! I think I already have him! Oh, and they have to have a nice butt and pretty head with short cannon bones!