8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I WANT A FREE DVD! PLEASE KEEP ME ALIVE! KEEP IT GOING! If I win...Party!  (Read 22283 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Apparently I like siblings to my already proven horses. Primarily coincidence though.

I already had a pair of full brothers and just this week I bought the full brother to my other horse (so now I have two separate pairs of brothers).

The brother I have to my old horse has already turned out to be even better so hopefully the same situation happens again (and then watch out!!!).
Yeah, i try to stick with a good bloodline! I prefer Easy Jet/ Jet Deck with a little Two Eyed Jack. I had an option to buy a full sister to Gabe the Babe, but at the time I had no money. Now I wish I had...atleast to use her for a broodmare! I just love my boy!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
I want 50 post too lol

As far as running on registered/unregistered stock. I could care less as long as it's sound can run and will turn 3 fast. All of ours are registered, but we don't have the papers for 3 of them, and about to go pick up another like that.

As for what I look for in a barrel horse..Can't say I really look. Most of the time people just tell me they have something for sell, most of the time i'll look..and end up buying. So I don't look to often.

Well, if you have the money to feed them all, I guess all I can say is you go! I prefer reg. so I can sell them for more. But if you can prove them in the ring, you can get alot for them!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
OK, I'm here to post for you too (not completely selfless... I want my 50 post).  As far as what to look for in a barrel horse??? I haven't a clue!   We are fairly new and when we went looking for a horse we just wanted sane and healthy.  We had already tried psyco so we knew we didn't want that, and I knew we couldn't afford the vet bill for unhealthy.  So it was all about sane and healthy.  As it turned out, while we were looking for sane and healthy... we found PRETTY.  And, as we all know Pretty trumphs any other quality in the eyes of the teenage girl.  So we bought pretty and God must have been looking out for us because she turned out to be sane and healthy also.
Sane and Healthy is always a good thing!!!! Looks are good too! Price is something else to consider! Have yall ever seen a high dollar barrel horse that was crazy? I have! Why would you spend more on a crazy horse than you would on a new truck???? I want something that will respect my knees! Something that listens to me and doesnt fly off the handle! >PEACE<

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
I want 50 post too lol

As far as running on registered/unregistered stock. I could care less as long as it's sound can run and will turn 3 fast. All of ours are registered, but we don't have the papers for 3 of them, and about to go pick up another like that.

As for what I look for in a barrel horse..Can't say I really look. Most of the time people just tell me they have something for sell, most of the time i'll look..and end up buying. So I don't look to often.

Well, if you have the money to feed them all, I guess all I can say is you go! I prefer reg. so I can sell them for more. But if you can prove them in the ring, you can get alot for them!
We usually buy saying "ohh i'll resale them later" Yeah the only horse we've sold in the last umm 10 years was a horse I was riding for someone else that just stayed here.

Offline TLM

• Novice Member
 :)/\\ I came over her to help you!  It looks like you are one of the front runners!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Thanks man! Now, lets get you up to 50 post so we can see your pic! Where are you from and what do you do? <HI>

Offline TLM

• Novice Member
Thanks man! Now, lets get you up to 50 post so we can see your pic! Where are you from and what do you do? <HI>
I live her in Texas (east).  Office Manager for a Construction Co.  Have 3 1/2 barrel horses ( the 1/2 horse is a minature) and 3 dogs.  How about yourself?

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
ONE I CAN KEEP MY BIG BUTT IN THE SADDLE !!!!!!!!at my age that works real nice
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
Man.. I'm getting worn out trying to get 50 posts.  I've been a member for over a year now, I guess I should've started sooner.  I guess I was a little intimidated (Don't know why).
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
Man.. I'm getting worn out trying to get 50 posts.  I've been a member for over a year now, I guess I should've started sooner.  I guess I was a little intimidated (Don't know why).
Me too, who knew it could be so difficult?

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
I live her in Texas (east).  Office Manager for a Construction Co.  Have 3 1/2 barrel horses ( the 1/2 horse is a minature) and 3 dogs.  How about yourself?
I live in Pineland...... know where that is????? I have 2 dogs, 5 going on six horses(buying another broodmare friday) and a mess of cats. I am un able to disclose my job description at this time *:o But, I will send you a PM later!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Man.. I'm getting worn out trying to get 50 posts.  I've been a member for over a year now, I guess I should've started sooner.  I guess I was a little intimidated (Don't know why).

Dude! I got almost all of mine yesterday! We can do it! Dont give up!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
ONE I CAN KEEP MY BIG BUTT IN THE SADDLE !!!!!!!!at my age that works real nice
I hear ya! I had a mare that would throw me out of the saddle on every turn! Man she was hard to ride! Way too much action! I am all about smooth!

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
Ok, I'm hanging in there.  Will...get...50...soon
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Man.. I'm getting worn out trying to get 50 posts.  I've been a member for over a year now, I guess I should've started sooner.  I guess I was a little intimidated (Don't know why).
Me too, who knew it could be so difficult?

Just keep typing! We will get ya there! Shoot yesterday I only had 10 post!!!! Tell me more about your horses! Where do you run barrels at? (((((((HUGS))))))))