8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I wanna win...KEEP THIS BUMPED UP GUYS!!!!!  (Read 20347 times)

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
Re: I wanna win...and I helped everyone out before
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 11:46:57 AM »
I tossed around the idea of going back to school to be a nurse but tuition is so  (XXX) expensive!!

I know there is a wonderful job out there for me, I just have to keep looking  :!

Community college...there are 1 and 2 year programs, depending on how much work/money you want.

I was actually working towards my masters so I could do pharm research, but I decided that rodeoing and training horses was more important to me than sitting in a classroom not making any money.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »
My brother has worked in the genetic research field for a couple of years now.  He has interviewed a Baylor in Houston too.  He really likes the work and he got that job with an ag degree.

I might check into the community college.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »
Hey Mandi...your pics ar not coming up.  Look under the box where you type your response and there is a link that says "Additional Options" in pink.  Click that then add your pics there.

If that doesn't work, try shrinking the size of the pic.  The one of pal at lampasses and the dogs in trees did come through.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »
I re-loaded them the other way. I had always just used the lazy way and linked them from other sites I had them on. Mostly because I didn't have them all saved on my work computer. Now they should work.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
Those are my kids. Please don't tell them they are dogs, they wouldn't understand.

Cricket (the red one) actually has a closet of clothes.

Here's her sunglasses (Doggles, available on ebay)

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

She looks exactly like our Aussie!!!!  They are twins.  Too Cool!!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Is your Aussie as FAT as mine??? She's a porker and even answers to the name "Beula". LOL!!!

I love her LOTS. I haul her with me some, but with middle age (she's 6) she's gotten a little grumpy and hates kids.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 12:02:58 PM »
Mine sounds a lot like yours.  She LOVES to eat.  She hauls with us sometimes too.  She listens so well but can be grumpy arounds kids.  Actually is not really all that fond of other dogs.  She just ignores them like they don't exist.  She has taken up with the neighbor's cat and they play together.  She is the official house dog and will be with us forever.  We think she is 4 or 5.  We adopted her.  Best dog ever  <LUV>

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »
We raised Cricket and Chopper (he's her grandchild, literally). Smokey is my old male (he's 11). We got him given to me when I was younger because the owner lived in a small KOA park. The neighbors kids would poke sticks at him in his cage and he got loose one day and attacked them. Really tore one up so that guy gave him to my mom's boyfriend who brought him to me since we lived in the country. He's taken GOOD care of me since. He was real mean to everyone but me and mom for years, but with age, he's calmer. He's a little large for an Aussie, but he's registered. He's Cricket's 'one true love' and she really ignores other dogs. Its hilarious.

Chico is the dog in the background. He was my mom's chihuahua we found on the side of the road.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
I found more pictures...

The top one is Pal a couple years ago in Bastrop. It looks kinda bad with my bra strap hanging out, but he looked so good I had to buy it. We placed in the 1D and it was our first run back after a few months off (injury).

The 2nd one is Pal when he was younger. He was so dark and not yet faded.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
Nice pics.  I need to get more pics of mine.  I can't get Glenn to remember to video my runs either. Oh well.

Here are pics of our puppies.  We have a white Aussie and she has had two litters and these are her pups.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
I won't let my hubby video me until I buy a new camcorder. Just got this one, but I think its jinxed. I never do well when we take it. I tried over coming my superstitions, but with money on the line, I just can't do it. I've got lucky shirts and unlucky things (hubby can't be in the arena, can't take the camcorder, etc)

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »
That's funny!!

I am not really superstitious but have things that I do that I think work well with my horses.  The first time I ran Junior I came out of the pen and was happy that the run was clean.  Glenn commenced to telling me how much faster I could have ran, etc.  We won the 4-D that night  :!  And now we are faster but hey the horse hadn't been run in 9 months and it was my first time to run him, not too shabby!  (hi there)

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
Re: I wanna win...Come Post Here, PLEASE
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2007, 12:36:16 PM »
I'm bad about superstitions. I know I shouldn't be, but it just happens.

I like the pic of that last puppy. He's cute.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2007, 12:57:36 PM »
Mandi that pup needs a home if you want him.   ::)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
I tossed around the idea of going back to school to be a nurse but tuition is so  (XXX) expensive!!

I know there is a wonderful job out there for me, I just have to keep looking  :!

Community college...there are 1 and 2 year programs, depending on how much work/money you want.

I was actually working towards my masters so I could do pharm research, but I decided that rodeoing and training horses was more important to me than sitting in a classroom not making any money.

Hey, I work for Angelina College... Classes are cheap!!! $171 for a 3 hour course....I graduated from TAMU and paid way more than that ...Shoot I think it was $300 per hour!!!! Yikes! Community College is a great option!