8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I wanna win...KEEP THIS BUMPED UP GUYS!!!!!  (Read 20340 times)

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Re: I wanna win...Come Post Here, PLEASE
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »
Hey RM....what kind of saddle are you riding nowadays? 

Glenn built me one about 2 years ago.  I  <LUV> it!!!  I will attach pics so you can see it.  It rides like a treeless but has a tree and a little weight to it.  I have dallied and pulled colts around with it with no worries.  It holds my butt in and keeps me centered.

Remember when you used to call me velcro-butt?   rofl
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »
I was going to have a saddle made this year, but I decided that since I had Larry Coats do some work to the tree in my Lazy L trophy saddle, there wasn't much reason to have another one built. I've got 8 saddles, but I won 6 of them so I can't sell them (sentimental reasons...I'm such a sucker).

Besides, that would have cost more than buying a two year old. LOL!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 01:43:16 PM »
Those Coats saddles are nice!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »
I love my Lazy L that I won, but I really like my Dale Martin that I won too. I actually just won the gift cert for it and had it made my way. I rode it for the first time yesterday in about 7 months and I forgot how nice it is. Its just been sitting in the house. LOL.

Scooter is semi-retired but I got a new mare at the house to ride and she's built a lot like him so I used his saddle on her (the DM).

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58:55 PM »
How old is your oldest horse?

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 02:07:13 PM »
Hey RM....what kind of saddle are you riding nowadays? 

Glenn built me one about 2 years ago.  I  <LUV> it!!!  I will attach pics so you can see it.  It rides like a treeless but has a tree and a little weight to it.  I have dallied and pulled colts around with it with no worries.  It holds my butt in and keeps me centered.

Remember when you used to call me velcro-butt?   rofl

I still have myt good old Billy Cook (sulphur, OK) saddle! I still love it! The only other saddle that I could dream of wanting is my friends ammerman.....I love that saddle! Yours is pretty awsome!

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »
What happened to your Court's?

The Billy Cook is the one you bought off of Ebay right?

And thanks!!  You will have to ride it...if we ever run into each other somewhere!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
What happened to your Court's?

The Billy Cook is the one you bought off of Ebay right?

And thanks!!  You will have to ride it...if we ever run into each other somewhere!!
My Courts that I won from Suburban is only semi qh bars and doesnt fit any of my horses....definatley not fat gabe. I bought my Billy Cook from Jamie Free the year they won all the saddles at STBRA. I bought another one off of ebay and now we also have a shop made roper that needs some work and a herford trail saddle.  But I ride in my champion youth pole BC saddle from the free's! Its my favorite...unless i can talk my friend out of her Ammerman!

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »
How old is your oldest horse?

My old rope horse is 26 this year. And I just picked up a cute grade gelding that is at least as old or older than Zero but since he is a cribber his front teeth are so worn down that it's impossible to tell.  Don't tell Flash he's old though- he has NO idea!
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
I liked riding your Court's saddle.  Very comfy!!

You need to get the one that needs fixed to Glenn and let him fix ya up.

JROPERGIRL- There are some nice grade horses out there.  My oldest is 16 but he has some gas when asked for it!  I just got him in February and we have been progressing nicely together.  Have you got to use those Christmas polos yet?

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »
My oldest at my house is only 16.

My mom still has the old mare that I learned on, she's 26. My mom got her before she had me and said I would be the first to go and she was right. LOL!!

Here's a picture of Daisy and Scooter (my 'old' horse in the pictures in the other thread)...she wasn't our mare, but the owner let us raise Scooter then return her, free of charge. She passed away a couple years ago at 31.

Its hard to believe this tiny, barely 15hh mare had such a tiny foal that grew up into a BIG horse.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
He is tiny but really cute!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2007, 02:46:38 PM »
When he was born, we were ready to sell him. We didn't expect much from a tiny little guy (who was rather sickly the first 2 years, off and on), but for a free horse, what can you expect. He ended up winning tons and tons of money for me and 4 of my 6 trophy saddles. He was also accident prone and quite a bronc as a two year old.

He was injured in 2000 and I was told that IF he lived, he would never run again. He started running 18 months later and won 3 of those 4 saddles AFTER his injury. He still runs low 21's in poles, but since he's not a 1D barrel horse, I just don't need him as much and I decided he's earned at least partial retirement. I may leg him up this summer for some larger races. A lot depends on how long Digger is out (tendon injury). I hate hauling just one horse.

Digger is his only full brother and that's why I bought him. He's already becoming a better barrel horse than Scooter was and that's VERY promising for me.

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
I liked riding your Court's saddle.  Very comfy!!

JROPERGIRL- There are some nice grade horses out there.  My oldest is 16 but he has some gas when asked for it!  I just got him in February and we have been progressing nicely together.  Have you got to use those Christmas polos yet?

Listen to how sad this is: right after I got them, I found out that the gray mare I wanted them for had two torn tendons in her knee.  Oh yes. I just got released to start riding her again two weeks ago so they've been on her twice.  And now, her knee is swolled up again, so back to Doc Howell we go on Tuesday!  if everything else on the place wasn't sorrel, they'd get more use!
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2007, 03:00:22 PM »
I liked riding your Court's saddle.  Very comfy!!

I am going to take it over to kirbyville friday. Its a lot close to the house!!! Unless yall wanna come and visit! It just need the nails pushed back in it. The courts saddle is the one that TJ won for me.....I will never part with it!  >PEACE<