Draw and Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues prior
8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14089 times)

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Week 6...all the crazy stuff happens in 3's!!!
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
Did my workout at the gym yesterday, although I wasn't really into it, I got it done, as I was sure my body would thank me later.  Think today I will just do cardio, maybe.  I also did my crunches last night, whew!  They are tough on that ball, but can definately "feel" the burn!  >:D
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
Maybe that's what I need to get. I have had my treadmill for about 6 weeks and now when I try to jog it hurts my right knee really bad. Don't know what's going on there. That ball sounds like it's really good I will have to get me one.  :)/\\

I started riding a bike for my knees.....I have to walk to flights of stairs everyday to the office and my knees would give out on me every morning and I'd almost eat dirt.  I tried running and my knees would start to hurt about 5 min in, even walking would end up hurting......I started riding a bike a couple of times a week and not all that far either and I walk up and down the steps without a problem.....ridding horses strains our knees and makes them weaker......but adding the bike has stopped all the aches in just a couple of rides.  Might try that for your knees.  :cheeze:
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:56 AM »
Yeah when I lived in Bryan I had a gym membership and I loved the eliptical, but I can't afford one.

Hey GB I have an ab lounge if you want it GB I never use it.  :TIGGER:

Offline mary

• Extreme Member
  • Tuff Times
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »
My husband bought me an elliptical last night, but has not put it together yet. I have a treadmill and I hate it.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »
Man I love the eliptical.  I just don't like the treadmill.  I call it the dreadmill.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
Well I think I am going to have to sell my treadmill it is really killing my knee after I use it now. When I first bought it I was fine for the first 4 to 5 weeks. Now I hate to even get on it. Don't know what's wrong with me guess I'm getting old. LOL

I love the eliptical though. I would like to have one of the really nice ones from the gym. Maybe I can get rid of the treadmill and my ab lounge and get me one.  :TIGGER:

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
Yeah, they are expensive, but sooo much better, and a lot nicer on the knees.  :cheeze:

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
Ok yeah I have decided that I need one of those. Think I am going to get one.  >PEACE<

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Week 7...and my weekend update...
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
It was a good weekend.  Went to April's house and rode.  I had a pretty good ride/lesson.  Can definately feel my confidence coming up.  :cheeze:

Then we made hamburger helper, which turned out being sausage helper (my aunt gave me the wrong meat, oh well) but it was pretty good, not bad at all.

So it is now week 7.  I'm hanging in there with the diet.  Still not seeing the results I want to, but I guess that if it comes off slower, it will be more inclined to STAY off for good!

Oh, and Nick moves home this week.  I'm kinda nervous about that.  I feel all giddy and stuff.  Not normal for me, I'm not a girly girl, and I'm usually like "guys, meh!", but for some reason I'm not like that with Nick.  Stupid boyish charm!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Week 7...and my weekend update...
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »
 (woohoo) TR~ I will take the ab lounge!!!  (woohoo) Stacie, that giddiness is a good feeling!!!  <ROCKON>

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:49 AM »
Congrats on Nick  :Cloud 9: coming home!!!  Its such a good feeling!!!
I did okay this weekend......I probably lost 5 lbs just yesterday with the dog incident.....I could not eat all day and this morning I had to choke down the cereal as Mody sat there watching me eat and all I could think of was what he did  >YELL< !!
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:47 AM »
I just read what happened with your dog... >YELL<  Glad you didn't have to clean it up.

I hate mondays, all the guys in the office think I am their servant today.   :!  Stupid men can't do ANYTHING for themselves. <KICK YO BUTT>

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
Last night I did almost 7 miles on the eliptical!!!  Going to see if I can do that again tonight!

Offline mary

• Extreme Member
  • Tuff Times
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
My elliptical is very hard to workout on. Husband tried it also he said it's hard. You get a good workout in less time.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »
Yeah, there was one at the gym yesterday that was very hard to do, I think I went about .25 miles on it and said "enough" and switched to a different one.  But I think there is something wrong with that one.  The rest of the ones at the gym aren't like that.

Kerrie-  Congrats on your weight loss!!!